Saturday, January 24, 2009

One of us! One of us!!!

Recent study has led me to add an addendum to Step #4...

I reside in a city in close proximity to the where the Sundance Film Festival is held every year. And every year it seems that it coincides with a barrage of celebrity citings (yeah I know it is the other type of sighting, but I refer to the "citing" of "Don't you know who I am?"). However, I avoid the festival at all costs, the last movie I saw during Sundance was Orgazmo. Followers of the path will know that this film was at Sundance ages ago (circa 1997ish) and although I saw it at a small theatre in Salt Lake, the theatre was chalk full of your L.A. industry douchbaggery. It never ceases to amaze me how the week-long film biz transplants to Utah clad themselves in the Sundance uniform (see examples)
  • Black sweater
  • Black pants, (or close to black jeans)
  • Black, puffy life-preserver coat
  • scarf that hangs way too low, also black or near-to-black
  • silly spaceman footwear
  • faux (or real if are not a friend of PETA) fur trim to either hat, boots, or coat
  • 24 hour-insect-looking sunglasses (regardless of your level of fame)
  • aire of self importance (generally worn under stupid sunglasses)
I am thinking about starting my own film festival at my house every May. Everyone will have to be clad in cargo shorts and green moon boots, (try to find them, it is hard to do) and we will only watch films that John Candy passed on because of his high dedication to the craft.





No comments: